Just saw some tweets come across the wire and figured I'd check into it: sure enough, my upcoming SQL Server event looks like it's scheduled for June 30th and it recently made the front page of SQLMag.com (SQL Server Magazine is sponsoring this event).
From SQL Server Magazine:
Unleash SQL Server's Full Potential to Maximize ROI. Join us on June 30, 2009. Sessions will be led by SQL Server expert, consultant, and author Michael K. Campbell.
Here's a more complete overview from the registration site:
SQL Server Unleashed!
Unleash SQL Server's Full Potential to Maximize ROIBusiness reliance upon SQL Server databases continues to grow. Yet fewer and fewer businesses are spending the time, energy, and resources needed to sufficiently train DBAs, developers and other IT professionals about SQL Server options and capabilities. Not only does this drastically decrease ROI on SQL Server licensing costs, but it frequently comes at the expense of making operations more difficult for IT personnel, DBAs and developers left to solve complex problems and issues on their own.
Don't wait any longer! Stop merely using SQL Server and start unleashing it to maximize its full potential! Make plans to attend "SQL Server Unleashed," an interactive live virtual event produced by SQL Server Magazine.
Join SQL Server expert, consultant, and author Michael K. Campbell in a clear, insightful, and independent look at ways in which your business can better take advantage of SQL Server capabilities to decrease management costs and improve reliability, uptime and performance.
In just three hours, directly from your own computer you will:
Gain valuable insights as these topics are covered in detail. Each session also includes sufficient Q&A time to make sure that your questions are answered. Boost ROI and improve your business' bottom-line. You'll also be able to improve stability, increase up-time and maximize performance. Time to unleash the power of SQL Server within your organization!
- See how virtualization and consolidation benefits apply to SQL Server and understand why there's never been a better time to virtualize SQL Server deployments.
- Learn how to best virtualize SQL Server in order to optimize provisioning, uptime and consolidation without allowing virtualization to impair workload throughput.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of each of SQL Server's native high-availability options, and learn how to evaluate each option based upon business needs, network latency and other real-world considerations.
- Learn the difference between High-Availability solutions and disaster recovery solutions and ensure that both critical concerns are handled in the best way possible.
- Gain insights into what causes SQL Server performance problems and learn about the best ways to profile, load-test and tune SQL Server workloads rather than just throwing more and more expensive hardware at each problem as it is encountered.
Otherwise, you can find details about all three sessions: SQL Server Virtualization, SQL Server High Availability, and SQL Server Performance here.
The event is free, and registered participants get a free one-year (DIGITAL) subscription to SQL Server Magazine. So either way you slice it, it's a great deal.